Have you ever wondered how to make a magic seed star? This garden activity for kids is the perfect and fun way to introduce growing plants to kids! Our adventure in Garden Camp continues this week. Yesterday I highlighted the super easy DIY Planter we made in class. We are enjoying every minute of getting our hands dirty, exploring the garden and learning a ton about our earth! Here is one sweet activity we did earlier this week. Thank you Seattle Tilth and your amazing Children’s Gardening Camp for the ideas and inspiration.
[Tweet “Make a Magic Seed Star with Kids”]
How to Make a Magic Seed Star
- Newspaper or Paper
- Small brush
- Cut out a few stars from the paper
- Lay out the star, glue, brush and seeds
- Demonstrate how to make the Magic Seed Star by dipping the brush in the glue, dotting the end of each point and gently place a seed on the dots of glue.
- Hand the activity over to your child so he can make his own Magic Seed Star,/li>
- Remind your child that too much glue is not good for growing
- Find a nice sunny spot in your yard with your child
- Dig a little hole with hands or a small shovel
- Place the Magic Seed Star in the hole and cover with soil
- Wait for your seeds to sprout
We planted our Magic Seed Star a few days ago with Calendula, a beautiful orange flower that taste wonderful in tea too.
Thank you for choosing to read this post today!
I hope we inspired you today!