The Brown Stair is work included within Sensorial. The work is 10 brown prisms of the same length (20 cm) and different height. The prisms vary from 10cm x 10cm x 20cm to 1cm x 1cm x 20cm. You will need a mat to complete this work.
- Using both hands, grasp the broadest prism around the middle. “Heavy.”
- Carry prisms to mat and position them randomly with the broadest close to the narrowest for contrast.
- Select broadest prism, grasp with both hands and lift carefully to the lower left corner of the rug.
- Keep long edge aligned with the left edge of the rug
- Run index and third fingers along the space between the previously and newly placed prisms
- Take the time to look at the constructed stair with child. Place hands on either end of the broadest prism and slide them slowly back along the stair until you reach the narrowest prism
- Check alignment of the edges
- The little finger of each hand should touch the rug
- Walk the narrowest prism from left to right down the stairs: “Broadest. Narrowest.” Offer child a turn and once finished return prism to shelf beginning with the broadest.
On the shelf
There are a ton of really great designs to do with the Pink Tower as extensions. I wrote about the Pink Tower in this post.
Thanks for reading!