Nothing ever gets anywhere. The earth keeps turning round and gets nowhere. The moment is the only thing that counts. – Jean Cocteau
I am in Santa Monica this weekend visiting my sister. She is 28 weeks pregnant and we turned 36 two days ago. Our best friend from home is here with us. We met her 30 years ago. We grew up in Maine. So we’re far from home. She has 3 children. Here are our Mantras:
- This too shall pass, have faith that we will move past this moment of frustration
- Take a shower, Take care of yourself
- Look at a tree (grounding and makes us connect with the idea that it takes a lot of time to grow)
- I will be present today
- I will leave my phone at home when I go on walks with my family
- Co-sleeping is a blessing, it is a luxury and it won’t last long
- Deep breaths
- Parenting (Good Parenting) comes in all shapes and sizes
- What feels heavy right now is actually quite light in the grand scheme of life
Now for the really GREAT part of this post, a dear friend of mine, a fellow blogger, published an eBook called The Playful Family. This book is lovely and available FREE to you TODAY only. Here is what she says about the book:
“This book is written to help parents who need new ideas to keep life interesting and fun. It’s written for parents who may dread playing. It’s for parents who wish to have more meaning in their days and who want to laugh more, even when times are difficult. It’s for families that want to celebrate each day.”
This book will inspire you and make your day. Download it for FREE today!
Get the Weekly eNews!
Join over 18,000 parents & educators receiving a weekly dose of Montessori learning, inspiration, parenting love. I promise not to spam you because I am awesome (and clearly so are YOU).