Have you checked out Spielgaben? If there is one material you buy for your home or classroom, this one is your match.
We discovered that education is not something which the teacher does, but that it is a natural process which develops spontaneously in the human being. ~ Dr. Maria Montessori
Spielgaben sponsored: Opinions are 100% mine.
See below for details on a special deal for you.
Reasons why Spielgaben’s products are special:
- versatility of activities and materials generally across ages
- cross usability of the materials (see matching image below)
- unstructured play with loose parts
- child directed learning with story telling and design creation
- allows for structured activities for sensorial and math, for example
- ability to cross over into a variety of areas in the classroom practical life (sorting and beading), history (seasons work), pre-sensorial and sensorial (pattern matching, pattern creation, preparation for cube root and other math related concepts), math (number rods variation, bead variation, spindle box variation) and language (letter creation and story telling)
- beauty & quality of product
- Spielgaben offers amazing Learning Resources and Free Printables to go along with their materials
A Few Ways We Use Spielgaben Materials
I found these beautiful prints on Etsy to represent the seasons. I used four identical sorting containers, one container to hold the combined Spielgaben’s (four colors to match each season) colored circle pieces and the prints. I loved this work because the pieces are great work for little fingers and the prints are different and required the child to look closely at the details of the illustrations. Spielgaben easily lends to a variety of sorting activities.
There is a lot you can do with variations on bead work with Spielgaben materials.
I created laminated templates by simply photocopying the materials in various designs. My son immediately took to these templates.
Open Ended Creative Story Telling
My sons (3 and 4.5 years old) used many kinds of Spielgaben materials to create towns as they played openly and unstructured with their cars & trains.
The blocks are a phenomenal variation on the binomial cube. Have the children build the cube in and out of the box with the different unit shapes.
I have my 4.5 year old to thank for this one. He noticed the similar shapes across materials. Thus, a sensorial activity was born into the learning.
This image was taken totally spontaneously. My 3 year old began making a circle with the 1/4 circle pieces. Pretty wonderful to observe. Lots of potential here.
As you can see, I am thoroughly impressed with the beauty, quality and versatility of Spielgaben’s materials. I believe truly that these materials should be in every Reggio, Montessori, Waldorf & Homeschool classroom. Early childhood and elementary classrooms and homeschools can easily integrate these materials into every day learning.
Do you want a DEAL on Spielgaben materials?
Spielgaben is offering Carrots Are Orange readers a special discount that is only available to our readers! All you need to do is send Spielgaben a message via the contact form, mentioning the Carrots Are Orange blog name. Then my friends at Spielgaben will send you an email with discount coupon. With that coupon, you will receive AU$45 off (or equivalent currency for your home country) so you can own complete Spielgaben set v2.0 at AU$360 (US$330 | GBP 202) including shipping to USA, UK and AU. Please not that beyond these three countries, there will be an extra shipping charges. Shipping will be vary depends on their location.
What other Parents & Educators are Saying…
If this post did not inspire you, check out what these fabulous bloggers have to say about the Spielgaben products, including fabulous ideas on ways to integrate the materials into your home and classroom:
- Spielgaben Review from Rachelle of Tinkerlab
- Playful Learning with Open Ended Toys from Ness of One Perfect Day
- Spielgaben Educational Toy Review from Anna of The Imagination Tree
- Spielgaben Educational Toys from Carisa of 1 + 1 + 1 = 1
- High Quality Educational Toys from MaryAnne of Mama Smiles
- A Box Jam Packed Full of Fun and Learning from Janice of Learning4Fun
- 10 Reasons We Love Spielgaben from Cathy of Nurture Store
- Spielgaben Product Review from Janae of I Can Teach My Child
- Spielgaben: A New and Innovative Learning Resource from Deborah of Teach Preschool
- Making Maths Real from Kate of Picklebums
- Spielgaben Educational Review from Deb at Living Montessori Now
Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of the materials and ideas. I would love to hear your ideas too! Thanks for reading!