Recently, I asked a group of teachers for holiday gift ideas. I asked specifically what kinds of holiday gifts they enjoy receiving from their students. Hands down, everyone answered with heart felt sentiments, a personal or handmade gift from the child, a letter from the child, and so on. I brainstormed some teacher holiday gift ideas with my sons (mainly around which Lego set their teachers might enjoy…haha!). We crafted a three part teacher holiday gift including a note from my son however they wish to write or draw it, a simple homemade hot cocoa mix in a mason jar, and a DIY ornament.
The latter part of this teacher holiday gift idea is particularly great because the whole family will love making ornaments together. Seriously, get your creative juices going and have fun. This super simple holiday gift is perfect for your child's teacher, friends, neighbors, and your family tree. Enjoy and let me know how your ornaments turn out!
[Tweet “Teacher Holiday Gift Ideas “]
Teacher Holiday Gift Ideas
Teacher Holiday Gift Materials
- A work tray
- 2×2 Mini Canvases
- Permanent Fabric Markers or paint pens
- Drying rack or tray
- Twine and Glue Gun (or a strong adhesive to secure the twine onto the canvas, or choose to use hardware to create a hook for hanging)
Teacher Holiday Gift Steps
- Gather your materials
- Invite the child to his work tray
- Introduce the concept and the materials
- Let him decorate however he chooses to do so
- Allow time to dry
- Warm up your glue gun
- Cut your twine
- Place one end of the twine on one side of the canvas and glue
- Repeat with the other side
- Allow time to dry
- Write a message or name and date on the back
- Lay in a box on top of tissue paper with handwritten note or drawing from your child
Let me know your Teacher Holiday Gift Ideas!
Get the Weekly eNews!
Join over 18,000 parents & educators receiving a weekly dose of Montessori learning, inspiration, parenting love. I promise not to spam you because I am awesome (and clearly so are YOU).