I love working the pre-reading and pre-math mind. Kids as young as 2 and 3 (and EVEN younger) years old can begin to connect and solidify those neuron pathways enabling a ripeness for learning more complex concepts later in development. This festively themed 4th of July activity is perfect for preschoolers and perfect for making learning fun.
4th of July Activity for Preschoolers – Pattern Cards
- Red, White, or Blue Cardstock
- Star Stickers
- Laminator (optional)
- Cut the cardstock into strips
- Place stickers on card stock strip
- Create matching labels with same stickers
- Cut out the matching labels
- Demonstrate to the child how to match star to star
- Alternatively you can prepare cards that don't complete a pattern and have the child choose the label or labels that come next in the pattern. There are many variations to pattern and matching cards.
Why are matching & pattern cards so beneficial?
Pattern cards teach young children logic when it comes to math and prepares a child for reading and writing. Typically pattern cards move left to right just as a child's hands and eyes would move when reading and writing later in his development.
Gain Access to Dozens of Printables!
Beautiful & engaging downloadable Montessori materials at your fingertips when you subscribe to the CAO newsletter.
You will receive an email with access information once you subscribe.