One of the most successful art activities we've done recently is so ridiculously simple I am almost embarrassed to share it with you. The even cooler part about this easy activity is that there is a whole lot of science learning within it. I also have to admit that I find it funny to target this Art and Science Preschool Activity because I enjoyed it as much as my 5 and 3 year old. Release your child's creativity with this activity.
[Tweet “Art and Science Preschool Activity”]
Art and Science Preschool Activity
Materials Needed for Art and Science Activity
- Paper towels
- Liquid watercolors
- Eye Droppers
- Small jars or container for the liquid water color
Steps to Art and Science Activity
- Roll out the paper towels onto the table
- Tape down the paper towels
- Fill small jars or containers with liquid water colors
- Place eye droppers on the table
- Demonstrate how to use the dropper, if necessary
- Invite children to squeeze dropper
- Watch what happens as the colors absorbs and spreads throughout the paper towels
Why is this activity awesome?
- Works fine motor skills with eye droppers
- Introduces secondary colors and color mixing generally
- Introduces science concepts such as absorption
- Experiment with different types of paper like this great art and science activity from Fun at Home with Kids
- Experiment with different types of paints
- Experiment with different types of transfers such as brushes and spray bottles
We also used a Plastic Tablecloth, which has been helpful to contain the beautiful mess. The frame on the window is painter's tape.
Did you enjoy this post? Consider pinning it!
Follow Our Boards:
[pin_board url=”http://www.pinterest.com/carrotsrorange/” size=”header”]