I love fall! I am so inspired to create materials with the traditional icons and especially the colors of fall. I like to think my sons enjoy the process as much as I do. This post includes a simple fall themed Montessori math and fine motor activity with leaves. Great for one to one correspondence work, numeration, and you can even work place value by assigning different place values to different colors. In other words, a “red” leaf is a ten and an “orange” leaf is a hundred. You can get as creative or advanced as you and your children need to be with this activity. Enjoy!
Montessori Math and Fine Motor Activity with Leaves
Fine Motor Activity Materials
- Leaf Paper Hole Punch
- Card Stock or Construction Paper in various fall colors (e.g. red, orange, brown, yellow)
- Glue Stick
- Paper hole punch with string or stapler to create a booklet
Math Activity Approach
- Cut squares of card stock or construction paper in all the same color for your number cards
- You or the child write the numbers on the card (1 to 5 for younger child, 1 -10, teens, or the name “one”, for example, for an older child)
- Get out the glue stick(s) and leaf paper hole punch
- Demonstrate how to use the leaf paper hole punch to the child
- Introduce the activity to the child, including being able to make a booklet to take home or to display
This activity is great for pre-math and fine motor skills. Plus it is pretty and festive. The children will love using the hole punch! The work is perfect for the shelf in your classroom or your kitchen table at home. Enjoy!
Did you enjoy this post? Consider pinning it!
Follow Our Boards
[pin_board url=”http://www.pinterest.com/carrotsrorange/” size=”header”]