I have to create loads of “original” materials as part of my Montessori training. All I have to say is thank goodness for Pinterest. Pinterest is my muse to say the very least. One material I created is within the Blue Series. The material involves learning about Compound Words. The control of error is the puzzle pieces. I created each compound word to fit together with two puzzle pieces. There are images on one side (for control of error and for younger children) and the words (for older children) on the other side of the card.
- Blue Cardstock
- Printer & Printer Paper
- Images from Computer (or elsewhere)
- Compound Words
- Search for images that create compound words (Consider this step done. Here is my compound word images printable)
- Type or write the words that match the images
- Print out
- Cut cardstock into cards sized to your liking
- Cut words and images out
- Glue words on one side of the card and images on the other side
- Cut the cards in half in various “puzzle” patterns with one image/word on one side and one image/word on the other
- Introduce to your child
My goal initially is to use these cards with concrete objects. I tried to choose compound words that would lend to matching with objects like “butterfly”. I can find a “butter” object and a “fly” object to use initially.
Thanks for reading!