As we officially dive into homeschooling this year, I've been thinking a lot about the general plan and routine, as much as we can have a predictable schedule. In addition to this reflection, I have done quite a bit of research and reviewing of potential homeschool curriculum. This post includes our Montessori Homeschool Curriculum ideas for preschoolers.
My first step in creating a framework was to embrace the fact that this ‘plan' is subject to flexibility and change when necessary guided by my boys (5 and 3.5 years old). We will have a structure and I will be organized about taking notes and keeping records. However, the inner workings of this structure will be led by my children. In short, they will have a lot of liberty within the wide boundaries of our plan. So, my biggest task is to observe them and to assess, as accurately as possible, their interests and passions, and then to lean into these assessments as best as I can.
Montessori Curriculum – Preschool & Kindergarten Homeschool
Here is a draft of our curriculum. These pieces are part of our general plan for where we're headed this coming school year. No doubt there will be revisions as we progress throughout the year. I will update this post and you as those revisions take place. The curriculum is geared for preschool, kindergarten, and first-grade levels.
- Montessori Language Lessons
- Montessori Grammar
- All about Reading
- Schoolhouse Rock!
- Bits of Intelligence Cards
- Audio Books & “Book Reports”
- Brave Writer – Language Arts Curriculum
Math & Logic
- Montessori Sensorial Lessons
- Nature Immersion & Outdoor Classroom
- Montessori Geography Lessons
- Travel & Excursions
- Passage and Duration of Time Activities
- Learning to tell time
- Montessori Life Sciences Lessons
- Nature immersion & outdoor classroom activities
- Montessori Physical Science Lessons
- Nurturing the Young Scientist
- Brain Gym
- Rock Climbing
- Forest Preschool
- Homeschool Lesson Planning Books
- Montessori: Letter Work
- Lego Education
- Montessori Grammar Symbols
- Judy Clock
- Montessori Services
- Montessori Printshop
I hope we inspired you today!