Montessori activities don't have to be expensive or require a lot of your time. Additionally, Montessori activities have the opportunity to span a wide age range. There are many Montessori exercises that can be easily applied to the home learning environment and a preschool learning environment. This page will include Montessori activities from birth thru elementary. I will add onto this page over time so make sure to stop back from time to time!
Montessori Activities by Age
As many of you have read in the past, I believe wholeheartedly that Montessori is a lifestyle. Your journey with Montessori begins as soon as you, the parent, begin gathering knowledge, educating yourself on the Montessori theory, and embracing the philosophy.
You will find your mindset shifting. The way you view your environment will also change as you begin to learn more about the way of Montessori.
So, your child could begin his Montessori journey from birth!
Montessori for New Parents
If you’re looking for Montessori books for new parents, I have a great list of Montessori books for you.
See this post for Montessori books for parents.
For babies and toddlers, it is especially important to prepare your environment for the child. Make it kid-friendly so that the Montessori child can be independent and take responsibility for himself when it comes to eating, accessing toys & materials, cleaning his body, turning on lights, and so on. Montessori in the home is an important part of Montessori.
Here are a few tips for Montessori at Home.
Many Montessori schools have a toddler program. The Montessori toddler program is absolutely incredible to watch. This human beings may be tiny but they can sure do a lot for themselves.
Montessori toddlers learn by truly embracing the multi-sensory approach to discovering the world. Montessori toddlers begin the beautiful grace & courtesy, practical life, & sensorial lessons. Math and language also play a role in a Montessori toddler’s environment particularly through practical life and pre-reading lessons.
Activities for Babies
- Sensory Activities for Babies
- Sensory Activities for Babies: Sensory Bottles
- Montessori Baby Room
- Baby Sensory Activity Treasure Basket
Activities for 1-Year-Olds
- 5 Easy Montessori Activities for a One-Year-Old
- Montessori Toys for Babies & Toddlers: 7+ Ideas for You
- My Top Infant and Toddler Montessori Materials
Activities for 2-Year-Olds
- The Best Montessori Activities for 2-Year-Olds
- Easy and Inexpensive Montessori Infant & Toddler Activities
- The Ultimate Infant & Toddler Montessori Toys Guide
- Simple Montessori Toddler Activity & Open Close Tray
- Toddler & Preschool Texture and Sound Basket
- DIY Sound Boxes & Infant & Toddler Sensory
- Resist Painting: Toddler & Preschool Activity
Activities for 3-Year-Olds
- Sensorial Materials for Toddlers
- How to Teach 3-Year-Olds about Money
- The Ultimate Guide to Teach History to a 3-Year-Old
- 10+ Perfect Montessori Activities for 3-Year-Olds
- How Do I Help My 3 Year Old Learn to Read?
- Learn the Montessori Sensorial Sequence of Lessons