Changing up your Montessori shelves can be fun or overwhelming. Hopefully, I will help you make it fun by providing you with a few ideas I’ve brainstormed over the past few weeks. This post includes ideas for a Montessori February Theme. Enjoy!
“One of the reasons why children feel a sense of calm and repose (spiritually) in the Montessori school is because it is an environment where everything has its proper place and must keep to it.” ~ E.M. Standing
Montessori February Shelves
Practical Life – February Shelves
- Red and White Pom PomTransfer
- Heart Gem Transfer
- Felt Heart Sewing like this Pumpkin Sewing Activity
- Burlap Heart Sewing
- Heart Pin Poke
- Flag Pin Poke
- Transfer Coins
- Heart Paper Hole Punching activity where you have cards with numbers or pictures of objects in a certain quantity and the child punches that many hearts. You can use the hearts for an art project (three areas in one!)
- Red Water Pouring Work
- Red Water Beads in sensory tub or bottle
- Button Snake
- Pipe Cleaner Beading
- Felt Rose Transfer
- Large Red & Pink Bead Stringing
- Red Water Transfer with a Sponge
Science – February Shelves
- Parts of the Heart Nomenclature Cards
- Parts of the Rose
- Cross Section Heart Model
- Study the groundhog and his shadow
- Play with the Science of Shadows
Geography – February Shelves
- US Landmark match
- Study of Washington D.C.
Math – February Shelves
(Image Source: Instructables.com)
Engineering – February Shelves
Art – February Shelves
- Heart Collage using the heart cut out from Practical Life work (above)
- “Love” Mixed Media Collage
- Heart Bean Mosaic
- Create a Groundhog
Sensorial – February Shelves
- Heart sticker or stamp pattern cards
- Size sequencing hearts like this beautiful sizing hearts set from Etsy
- Red and pink color grading paint samples or tonal painting strips (free from the hardware store!)
- DIY Wooden Heart Memory Game – I used the wooden hearts I purchased from Amazon for a variation on cards and counters. Then I thought about what my boys love right now. They love Star Wars. So, I found mini stickers and applied pairs to the wooden hearts. The boys had a lot of fun with it.
Language – February Shelves
- Valentine Key Language 3 Part Cards
- February Themed Rainbow Letters
- Cupid & Arrow Match – Help the cupid hit his target worksheet with pink, blue, and green level reading (you can apply this idea to other learning areas, too, such as math).
- “Fill my Heart” Word Families is simple. You have a heart shaped bucket, envelope, dish, or 2D heart for the child to “fill”. For example, if your looking for words in the “at” family, the child would find the appropriate images and glue (or fill) the heart with those images.
Thanks for stopping by…
Get Your Dose of Montessori Goodness
Directly & Seamlessly Delivered to You. Let me do all the work.