Choosing a record keeping system to use in the classroom or at home can be daunting. There are many different options, and you need to find one that not only meets your needs but also fits your budget and time constraints. So, of course, I decided to go out and do a bit of research for you. This post includes my favorite record-keeping finds.
Montessori Record Keeping Resources
- Just Montessori offers a record-keeping document at no cost. The document includes an effective “checkbox” approach to tracking the progress of works found in the early childhood Montessori classroom.
- Teachers Pay Teachers offers tons of paid and free record keeping options for you to download and print out.
- Mandie’s Montessori Materials has a file for Montessori Record Keeping in the Elementary Classroom, which is available for $9.99. This file includes documents in each area of the classroom as well as teacher-related forms.
- Montessori Print Shop has a Primary Montessori Record Keeping document at a reasonable cost to you. It contains blackline masters for the areas of the classroom. Don’t miss out on MPS’s free record keeping documents, too!
- Trillium Montessori offers a wealth of Montessori record keeping and lesson planning knowledge.
Montessori Record Keeping Online Resources
- Montessori Records Express is a program that allows teachers to monitor progress, take attendance, plan and record lessons, and prepare reports. You have the ability to copy and paste lessons from other schools that use the software, or you can input the lessons that are specific to your classroom. It also has a parent portal.
- Montessori Compass offers a 14-day free trial to determine whether this software is right for you. This software is available for use on all devices. You have the ability to record attendance, classroom observations, and lesson ideas and plans; print weekly work plans; see classroom progress at-a-glance, and communicate with parents.
- Montessori Workspace allows you to track progress, record social observations, and create customized reports and lists.
- Transparent Classroom allows you to enter observations, hold the entire history of a child online, generate conference reports, allow parents access to information, customize lessons, and track information.
I hope you are able to find the program which works for you! Share the tool you use to manage records and plan lessons!