We had a lot of fun making this flag together. As we worked together I worked into the conversation why there are 13 stripes, why the colors red, white & blue (White signifies purity and innocence, Red’s meaning is hardiness & valor and Blue signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice) and why 50 stars. I think he was intrigued at least.
We used the following materials:
- A white piece of cardboard (you could use construction paper, card stock or poster board too)
- A blue piece of construction paper
- White finger paint
- Red glitter (in our case we used orange because we were out of red, darn Cinco de Mayo, Chinese New Year and Valentine’s Day)
- A small brush
- Painter’s Tape
Then the really hard part: giving our flag time to dry before peeling off the painter’s tape…
…but it was totally worth it.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Latest posts by Marnie Craycroft (see all)
- Montessori Practical Life: Refined Tweezing - March 5, 2014
- How to Survive Watching a Child Get Crushed on the Playground - March 4, 2014
- Montessori Practical Life: Basting - March 3, 2014