My family recently took a trip to Maui for vacation. My number one goal for the week was to reconnect as a family. Life has been a bit hectic lately. I've barely found time to breathe my own breath. I'm sure I'm not alone and that you can all relate to the gasping for air analogy. So, I thought I'd share a few ways to reconnect that worked for me.
- Go on an excursion – You don't have to spend lots of money flying off to some remote, secluded area of the world to reconnect with your family. Take a day hike. Go camping. Or simply take an afternoon and spend it having a picnic at the park.
- Leave your phone off or, better yet, at home
- Leave your computer at home
- Read Chapter Books aloud
- Look at your kids in the eyes – Such a simple one but very powerful.
- Walk together – You will be surprised at the conversations that come about by truly listening to and conversing with a four year old.
- Do something new together
- Laugh – Don't forget this one.
- Have a dance party – The easiest way to make this one happen is to make music part of your every day routine.
- Be organic – Quite simply. Go with the flow. Don't stick too hard to a schedule. Be spontaneous.
- Nap with your kids – Yup. Harder when your children are older but a good snuggle with young children is the perfect way to feel close.
- Let them be who they are and who the need to be – (re: the feature photo)
Pretty straight forward.
Thanks for reading…