This Simple Bear Craft is perfect for an art table. The activity combines sensorial, or pre-math ideas, with the art, too, by utilizing circles only in the creation of this sweet bear.
Simple Bear Craft for Preschoolers
Materials for Simple Bear Craft
- Glue Stick
- Circle Hole Punch
- Colored Sticker Dots (optional, just for fun for the eyes)
- Brown, White, and Black Construction Paper
- Circular Shape to Trace
Approach to Simple Bear Craft
- Trace a large circle on the brown construction paper
- Cut it out (this is the head)
- Trace a medium (slightly smaller than the first) circle on the white construction paper
- Cut this circle out (this is the face)
- Trace two small circles
- Cut these two circles out (these are the ears)
- Use your handy paper hole punch to punch a few holes in the white and black construction paper
- Cut the white circles in half (these are the inside of the ears)
- The black circle is the nose
- Cut out or paper hole punch two holes in the black construction paper (these are the eyes)
- Use your markers to create the remainder of the face
There you have it. Children can get creative with their bear, or stick to the “template”.
- Talk about circles with the children and introduce terms like a semi-circle, diameter, circumference.
- Compare various sized circles.
- Invite the children to create their own designs with the circles.
- Check out these Children’s Books about Bears
- Get more ideas from this Montessori Inspired Bear Unit