Are you looking for pumpkin activity ideas for your classroom or home? You have arrived at the right place, my Montessori friend! You will be please to know that this post includes loads of Montessori pumpkin activities! Let me know what you think of these pumpkin activities! I tried to cover most areas of a Montessori early childhood classroom. I would love to hear any thoughts and ideas you have for adding to this pumpkin activities list.
Montessori Pumpkin Activities
Practical Life Activities
- Pumpkin Guts Exploration from Stir the Wonder
- Puffy Pumpkin Lacing from I Can Teach My Child
- Pumpkin Pillow Sewing
- Use a strainer to sift out pumpkin seeds in a sensory tub filled with rice or small beans
- Roast and season pumpkin seeds for a snack (have kids help gut the pumpkin!)
- Hammer tees into pumpkins (maybe the perfect seasonal fine motor work)
- DIY Pumpkin Slime from Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Basic numeration activity by cutting a pumpkin out, rolling dice, and using pumpkin seeds to match the roll
- Replace card counters with pumpkin seeds
- Measure circumference and diameter of various pumpkins
- Grade pumpkins by size
- Life Cycle of a Pumpkin Nomenclature Cards from Montessori for Everyone
- Parts of a Pumpkin Nomenclature Cards from Montessori Printshop
- Types of Pumpkins Cards from Montessori Printshop
- Lifecycle of a Pumpkin paper plate craft
- Grow a Pumpkin in a Pumpkin from Life with Moore Babies
- Hands on Learn about Pollination
- Experiment with Pumpkins & Rubber Bands (how may rubber bands will cause the pumpkin to explode?)
- Create Pumpkin Globes like these globes from The Creative Classroom
Gain Access to Dozens of Printables!
Beautiful & engaging downloadable Montessori materials at your fingertips when you subscribe to the CAO newsletter.
You will receive an email with access information once you subscribe.