I recently wrote about Montessori sensorial extensions and variations for the Knobbed Cylinders, the Pink Tower, the Broad Stair and the Red Rods. In this post, I further explore Montessori Sensorial extensions and variations by reviewing ideas for the Knobless Cylinders and Color Tablets.
Sensorial Variations & Extensions
- Construct Towers in each corner of the mat
- Arrange yellow cylinders, green cylinders and then the red cylinders on top of one another
- Create a spiral
- Extension Cards from Montessori Services or Pattern Cards from Montessori Printshop
- Combine with Knobbed Cylinders and have child find the corresponding place for each knobless cylinder within the Blocks
- Play fetch with objects in the environment
- Create artwork with the colors used within the boxes
- Identify and sort objects that match the color of the tablets from the classroom or better yet from outside
- Color Wheel
- Teach color names in other languages
- Clothespin matching
- Color grading with paint samples
- Color print outs to match the tablets
- Match tablets to fabric
- Use construction paper to have child cut or pin poke color tablets
- Make a spiral of colors
Besides the standard Montessori product companies, to purchase these Montessori materials at a reasonable price from Amazon:
Take a look at my Montessori Sensorial Pinterest Board for more ideas and lessons.
*There are affiliate links within this post. Thank you for your support.
Get Your Dose of Montessori Goodness
Directly & Seamlessly Delivered to You. Let me do all the work.