- Carry tray from shelf to table. Identify objects on tray. “This bowl has objects in it. This bowl is empty.”
- “This is a flower.”
- “Tongs.” Pick up tongs with dominant hands. Fingers on one side and thumb on the other. “Open. Close” Allow child an opportunity to open and close tongs.
- After child has had a turn and replaces tongs onto tray, in silence, pick up tongs and move objects from left to right bowl.
- Gently and silently continue to transfer objects until no objects remain.
- Repeat procedure, placing objects into original bowl.
- Place tongs on tray. “Would you like a turn?” Return tray to shelf.
I really like Montessori Service Small Tongs Activities Set. The set offers a variety of transferring objects and tools. Everything you would need for your home or classroom.