This Simple Bear Craft is perfect for an art table. The activity combines sensorial, or pre-math ideas, with the art, too, by utilizing circles only in the creation of this sweet bear.Kids will have fun making their very own bear and might just want to learn a bit more about the hibernators! A great way to introduce hibernation and fun addition to any hibernation unit.
Simple Bear Craft for Preschoolers
Materials for Simple Bear Craft
- Glue Stick
- Circle Hole Punch
- Colored Sticker Dots (optional, just for fun for the eyes)
- Brown, White, and Black Construction Paper
- Circular Shape to Trace
Approach to Simple Bear Craft
- Trace a large circle on the brown construction paper
- Cut it out (this is the head)
- Trace a medium (slightly smaller than the first) circle on the white construction paper
- Cut this circle out (this is the face)
- Trace two small circles
- Cut these two circles out (these are the ears)
- Use your handy paper hole punch to punch a few holes in the white and black construction paper
- Cut the white circles in half (these are the inside of the ears)
- The black circle is the nose
- Cut out or paper hole punch two holes in the black construction paper (these are the eyes)
- Use your markers to create the remainder of the face
There you have it. Children can get creative with their bear, or stick to the “template”.
- Talk about circles with the children and introduce terms like a semi-circle, diameter, circumference.
- Compare various sized circles.
- Invite the children to create their own designs with the circles.
- Check out these Children’s Books about Bears
- Get more ideas from this Montessori Inspired Bear Unit