Halloween is a blast for kids and adults! Seasonal activities are a great (& effective) way to integrate learning, tradition & fun! Here is a simple Halloween fine motor activity for kids!
Halloween Fine Motor Activity Materials Needed
- A small orange colored (Halloween decorated is great if you can find one) bucket or pail ($1/ each @ Target)
- Mini pumpkin baskets ($2 at local drug store) – we used four but you can use as few or as many as you’d like!
- “Autumn mix” that includes various candy corn and miniature pumpkins. I added mini marshmallows to the mix. ($2)
- A pair of mini tongs (or two if you follow the intro below – we already own two pairs.)
Halloween Fine Motor Activity Approach
- Arrange the items. I highly recommend placing the materials out without the help of your preschooler or toddler!
- Introduce the activity to your child by pointing to each item and explaining the materials.
- Then demonstrate the activity to your child by dropping 2 or 3 items into the buckets using your own set of tongs.
- Hand your child his or her tongs and let him or her go for it
Why this Halloween Fine Motor Activity is Great for Your Child
- Math (sorting)
- Fine motor (tonging)
- Tradition (integrating the seasonal and holiday concepts into learning)
- Language (use descriptive words)
- History – talk about the history of Halloween with your child.
Thanks for visiting!
Get Your Dose of Montessori Goodness
Directly & Seamlessly Delivered to You. Let me do all the work.