This post includes loads of apple themed activities for preschoolers! A great addition to a fall preschool unit.
Preschool Apple Theme Activities
- Tonging Apples – Great for fine motor skill development and pre-reading skill. Demonstrate by identifying the items on the tray, move slowly transferring the small wooden apples from left to right and speak with a few words. Once the child masters the activity, integrate pre-math by counting the apples.
- Washing Apples
- Slicing, Peeling, Coring Apples
- Make Apple Sauce with these Crockpot Applesauce Making Cards from Training Happy Hearts
- Apple Lacing Card from No Time for Flashcards
- Apple Themed Sensory Bin from Pink and Green Mama
- Apple Taste Test
- Leaf Shape & Sort
- Apple Peeling – Present an apple, a peeler, and a cutting board. Demonstrate using an economy of words with your child.
- Apple Sensory Cards from Stir the Wonder
- Apple Taste Test like this one from What Do We Do All Day?
- Apple Core Puzzle from J Daniel 4s Mom
- Apple Pin Poke
- Parts of an Apple from The Helpful Garden
- Types of Apples 3 Part Cards
- Apple Word Family material from Scholastic
- Apple Adjectives Activity
- Graphing with a chart and die, or graph an Apple Taste Test
- Tree Addition using this template from Life Over C’s
- Pattern Cards using a free template from Spell Outloud
- Apple Tree Counting like this felt tree from Spell Outloud
- Graph an apple tree’s growth
- Make Apple Prints
Although I was at first disappointed that the apples I had bought from the grocery were not in great shape for eating, my mind immediately went to “what can I do with these apples with the boys?”
So we sliced them open and took a look at the Parts of the Apple: the skin, the flesh, the core, the seeds, and the stem. Then, well, we made art! Personally, I prefer apple activities over skeleton activities but who is counting?
Apple Activity for Preschoolers
- Brush (or not)
- Bowls for paint
Apple Printing Approach:
I set out a tray with bowls of paint. The bowls were wide enough so that the boys could dip the apple into the paint. I also included a paint brush so the boys could paint the apples if they desired that approach.
More Apple Themed Activities
- Apple Seeds Mosaic
- Apple Tree from I Heart Crafty Things
- Paper Plate Apple Core from Fun Family Crafts
- Apple Tissue Paper Suncatcher
- Fingerprint Apple Tree
- Track the time it takes for an apple tree to grow and to harvest apples using a piece of string
- Where do Apples grow? Why? Discuss states like Washington. Mark a map with the apple grown in that state.
- Study of animals known to enjoy apples such as worms, caterpillars, and horses
- Investigate: An apple a day keeps the doctor away?
- Life Cycle of an Apple Nomenclature Cards