Are you curious about the Montessori method? Is your child ready to start a Montessori preschool?
This page guides you through a variety and a wide range of Montessori activities and ideas behind the Montessori theory.
As a Montessori trained teacher and a Montessori parent, I am a firm believer that Montessori is a lifestyle to be embraced not only within classroom walls but in the home environment.
If you are interested in learning more about the Montessori philosophy, Montessori activities, outdoor learning, positive parenting, and Montessori learning, you are in the right place!
I am so glad you're here in our Montessori community.
Montessori Method & Montessori Activities
To get you started, below I list content that you will want to read to begin your Montessori journey. These posts are my most popular content and will get you started on what you need to know to live a Montessori lifestyle.
“We discovered that education is not something which the teacher does, but that it is a natural process which develops spontaneously in the human being.” ~ Dr. Maria Montessori
Montessori Theory & Montessori Education
This section will walk you through the basics of the Montessori classroom, the Montessori environment, the key tenets of Montessori education, and how to bridge the gap between home and the classroom.
- Advantages of Multi-Age Classrooms
- What's the Big Deal with the Montessori Lesson?
- What is the 3-Hour Work Cycle?
- What the Heck is False Fatigue & How Do I Manage It?
- What is Montessori 101 Series
Montessori Parenting & Positive Parenting
This section opens your eyes to a parenting approach with a Montessori overlay. What would Maria Montessori do? How would she parent a child? Learn some of my biggest takeaways from my Montessori training as I have applied them to parenting.
- What is Montessori Parenting?
- Raising Montessori: 75 Ways to Montessori Parenting
- How to Communicate with a Child During Conflict
- Help Your Child Become a Killer Communicator
- 5 Responses that Work with Kids
- Montessori Parenting: 10 Things You Need to Know
Montessori Method at Home
This section guides you in integrating Montessori into your home. You don't have to spend a lot of time or money getting your home ready for a Montessori lifestyle.
- 12 Ways to Bring Montessori into your Home
- How to Create a Montessori Bedroom for Your Child
- How to Create a Montessori Home Your Child Will Love
- What You Need to Know about the Montessori Lifestyle
- 100s of the Best Montessori Toys & Activities for All Ages
Montessori Activities & Lessons
This section includes lessons from the Montessori lesson sequence of each area in the Montessori classroom.
Montessori Outdoor Learning Ideas & Resources
Outdoor education is an important piece tofthe Montessori method. Maria Montessori felt strongly about the outdoor learning environment and consider the outdoor classroom an extension of the indoor learning.
- Connecting the Indoor & Outdoor Classrooms
- 75+ Ideas for the Montessori Outdoor Classroom
- Steps to Making Outdoor Learning Fun & Not Frustrating
- Books to Help You Create an Outdoor Classroom
Montessori Living & Learning Lifestyle Community
The best way to start your Montessori journey is to join our online communities and start getting to know other people curious about Montessori.
- Receive free updates once or twice a week including ideas on Montessori parenting and Montessori at Home
- Follow along on my Carrots Are Orange Facebook page for the latest Montessori and parenting news from around the web
- Download a Sample Chapter from my Montessori at Home Guide
- Join my Private Facebook Montessori Learning & Living Community
- Purchase my 30 Days to Montessori at Home email course
Download Raising Montessori
Subscribe to our email list & download the 75+ ways to Montessori parenting.