As part of our “Montessori At Home” evolution let me introduce the Adventure Basket. My 2.5-year-old began his interest in exploring, well, at birth, but more specifically with binoculars and a magnifying glass, around 2 years old. Since then I have been adding to the mix.
Our Adventure Basket
- Magnifying Glass
- A world map (Little Passports)
- A local map (on hand at home)
- A passport (on hand at home)
- An old camera (that actually works on hand at home)
- A small flashlight (that actually works on hand at home)
- A suitcase (okay, it technically doesnâ€™t fit in the basket, from Little Passports)
- A notebook to chronicle journeys (on hand at home)
An inexpensive and easy way to let your child’s imagination run wild! Sometimes I let him explore on his own but occasionally I will drag out the maps or the Melissa & Doug USA puzzle and we’ll randomly choose a place to explore. He closes his eyes and wherever his finger lands we get on a train (or boat) and we’re off!
Thanks for visiting!