Have you ever wondered how to make a magic seed star? This garden activity for preschoolers is the perfect and fun way to introduce growing plants to kids! Our adventure in Garden Camp continues this week. Yesterday I highlighted the super easy DIY Planter we made in class.
We are enjoying every minute of getting our hands dirty, exploring the garden and learning a ton about our earth! Here is one sweet activity we did earlier this week. Thank you Seattle Tilth and your amazing Children's Gardening Camp for the ideas and inspiration.
Check out my Nature Math Activities Pack!
Magic Seed Star Garden Activity
Magic Seed Star Garden Activity Materials
- Newspaper or Paper
- Small brush
Garden Activity Approach
- Cut out a few stars from the paper
- Lay out the star, glue, brush and seeds
- Demonstrate how to make the Magic Seed Star by dipping the brush in the glue, dotting the end of each point and gently place a seed on the dots of glue.
- Hand the activity over to your child so he can make his own Magic Seed Star,/li>
- Remind your child that too much glue is not good for growing
- Find a nice sunny spot in your yard with your child
- Dig a little hole with hands or a small shovel
- Place the Magic Seed Star in the hole and cover with soil
- Wait for your seeds to sprout
We planted our Magic Seed Star a few days ago with Calendula, a beautiful orange flower that taste wonderful in tea too.
Thank you for choosing to read this post today!
I hope we inspired you today!
Download Raising Montessori
Subscribe to our email list & download the 75+ ways to Montessori parenting.