I love easy and inexpensive activities, which is why I love this Tissue Paper Turkey Craft.
A fun activity for children and simple to put together, this tissue paper turkey is bound to get creative artistic juices flowing with a bit of learning thrown into the mix. Thanksgiving is the perfect time to present this Tissue Paper Turkey Craft to kids and is wonderful to do together as a group.
Tissue Paper Turkey Craft
Turkey Craft Materials
- Turkey outline
- Clear self-adhesive contact paper
- Tissue Paper
- Construction paper
- Variously shaped Paper hole punches
How to Make the Turkey Craft
- Print out your turkey outline
- Cut it out
- Tape contact paper onto a window
- Place your turkey into the contact paper
- Use the paper hole punch to make festive shapes from the construction paper
- Invite the kids to tear and cut the various colors of tissue paper
- Discuss the colors created by the overlapping tissue paper
- When satisfied with your turkey, pull it off the window
- Flip it over so the body of the turkey shows clearly
- Cut loosely around the turkey
- Mount the turkey on construction paper and cover with cleat tape
Tissue Paper Turkey Learning
- fine motor skill work with cutting, punching, and tearing
- science of light
- color exploration
- sensory (stickiness of paper, the sound of tearing, the sight of light through paper)
I hope you enjoy this activity. Thanks for visiting the blog today. Be sure to subscribe to our weekly newsletter for much more learning fun!
Get Your Dose of Montessori Goodness
Directly & Seamlessly Delivered to You. Let me do all the work.