This kids activity is easy & inexpensive, my favorite kind of activity! Repurposing and reusing materials for children's activities makes me so very happy. So, I frequent Goodwill often. I was there a few months ago. I came across a stack of beautiful outdated calendars. I grabbed a few calendars thinking of the possibilities for home and the classroom. I don't want to tell you how much each calendar cost me. Ok, I will. $1.25. Success.
- An old calendar with small version of each month's picture on the back
- Laminator (optional)
- Pull apart each month/page of the calendar
- Cut out the mini images from the back of the calendar
- Laminate the mini images (& ideally the larger images, too)
- Place velcro on each month's image
- Place velcro on the back of each mini image
- Spread the larger images around your classroom, your yard, or your home
- Invite the child(ren) to do the activity
- Present the small images & explain that a larger, matching image is hanging around the classroom, yard, or home
- Let them loose
[Tweet “Easy & Inexpensive Kid's Activity”]
Other Ideas for Repurposing Calendars
- DIY Puzzles
- Frame and display
- Geography Match
- Small to Large Image Match
What are your ideas?
For more goodness:
Download Raising Montessori
Subscribe to our email list & download the 75+ ways to Montessori parenting.