I love the colors of fall. The turning leaves, the harvest, the light. I love all of it. This post includes a Make a Melted Pony Bead Sun Catcher activity, perfect to brighten your home with a little fall decor.
Fall signals change and the end of a cycle but at the same time ignites a desire to dive into learning. Exploring all aspects of fall is exciting for kids. This fall activity is great for fine motor skill development and even sneaks in a bit of science learning about light and colors.
Melted Pony Beads Sun Catcher
- Transparent and Opaque fall colored Pony Beads
- Silicone Mini Leaf and Pumpkin Mold
- A heat Source like an outdoor oven or grill works best to mitigate the toxins from melting plastic. We used our inside oven, cranked the fan, and opened windows and doors. The smell was a bit much so definitely overdo it with the ventilation.
- Decorate your pumpkins and leaves however you wish in the mold
- Carefully place onto baking sheet
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes
- Allow time to cool
- Display by mounting on a window, or drilling a hole into the sun catcher and threading string through for a hanging display
A fun and simple way to bring light and creativity to your child’s day and into your home! Be sure to check out The Artful Parent’s Melted Pony Bead Sun Catcher posts. They are wonderful and are sure to inspire you!
I hope we inspired you today!