I thought some of you might be interested in our daily schedule. Nothing is set in stone, of course, and I view a schedule as a guide with room to maneuver! My boys are in 5th grade, 4th grade, and Kindergarten.
- 7 to 9 am – Wake up, eat, fresh air, personal hygiene
- 9 – 10 am – Morning meeting on a walk & then take our daily brain vitamins [I write down a riddle or a problem for each of them to solve. I use this riddle book often as a source for ideas.]
- 10 -10:45 am – Foreign language with Duolingo. I set up three separate classrooms for my three sons so that I could assign them different and individualized work.
- 10:45 – 11:15 am – Lego Challenge
- 11:15 -12:15 – Lunch & Outdoor Time
- 12:15 – 12:45 pm – Language Arts using Bravewriter’s Writing Prompts [FREE]
- 12:45 – 1:15 pm – Reading Time [preferably outdoors]
- 1:15 – 1:30 – BREAK
- 1:30 – 2:15 – Social Studies using KidsDiscover [I created an account/classroom and added my sons as students. That way I can assign work, track progress, and create assessments individually. I also used this WWI and WWII bundle from TpT to help with learning. My 5-year-old and I learned about community helpers.
- 2:15 – 3:15 – Art & Science [I used these Scientific Method Sheets from TpT] were marbling with shaving cream and watercolor (or food coloring) and the black marker experiment.
- 3:15 – 4 pm – BREAK and Outdoor Time
- 4 – 4:30 pm – End the day with Mo Willems Studio or a Doodle Activity [these coloring page doodles were super fun! We also tried to replicate these name doodles.]
- 4:30-5:30 pm – Brain Drain time
- 5:30 pm – Help with dinner
- 6 pm – eat
- 6:30 – 7:30 pm – downtime
- 7:30 pm – go to bed
Get Your Dose of Montessori Goodness
Directly & Seamlessly Delivered to You. Let me do all the work.