I love this lifecycle of a pumpkin craft for many reasons. This activity is inexpensive, easy, creative, and kids learn life sciences!
Lifecycle of a Pumpkin Craft
I learned this craft in Montessori training as part of our Botany unit. The idea is that you combine an activity with learning to ignite the child's desire and interest to learn more.
Materials Needed for Lifecycle of a Pumpkin Craft
- Two small orange paper plate
- Yarn, string, or ribbon
- Lifecycle of a Pumpkin print out
- Markers or Crayons
- Glue stick
- Green or brown sticky back felt
- Print out lifecycle of a pumpkin
- Color in the stages of the lifecycle
- Cut out the stages of the lifecycle
- Take your piece of yarn, string, or ribbon and fold each stage over and glue to secure
- Cut a stem out from the stick back felt
- Place on top of one of the small orange paper plates
- Take the other small orange paper plate and cut a small semi circle at the top
- Place that plate bottom down on top of the other plate with the stem
- Glue together
- Insert string with lifecycle stages on it
- Invite children to pull the string out to see the sequence of the lifecycle
Get the Weekly eNews!
Join over 15,000 parents & educators receiving a weekly dose of Montessori learning, inspiration, parenting love. I promise not to spam you because I am awesome (and clearly so are YOU).