This activity is perfect for the 4th of July or any patriotic holiday. Plus, it works fine motor skills using paper hole punches, sewing with yarn, and scissor work. A perfect easy to prepare summer activity for kids.
Materials Needed for this Activity
- 1 paper plate
- 2 yards (6 feet) red yarn
- 2 yards (6 feet) white yarn
- Blue paper
- White paper
- Glue stick
- Star hole punch
- Circle hole punch
Steps to this Activity
- On each side of a paper plate, punch thirteen holes (for 26 holes total).
- Lace the red yarn through the top row and then every other row so that the first and last rows are read. Tie off the ends.
- Lace the white yarn through the remaining holes. Tie off the ends.
- Punch 50 stars from the white paper. Glue the stars on blue paper in a rectangle shape in rows of 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6, 5, 6.
- Cut out the blue field and attach it to the yarn with glue.
- Allow drying before playing or displaying.