Inspired by a Valentine’s Shaker featured on No Time for Flashcards, we created a Shamrock Shaker.
Materials for the Shamrock Activity:
- Two heavy heavy duty Chinet paper plates
- A Plastic Bag
- Green Paint and a brush
- A variety of shaker fillers including plastic gold coins, small jingle bells, large sparkly and small green pom poms, green confetti and lovely green shamrocks
- X-Acto Knife
- Mod Podge
- Draw a shamrock on one plate
- Use an X-Acto knife to cut through most of the paper plate
- Paint the plates with your green paint (you can go crazy here with glitter, stickers, etc. we kept it simple.)
- Let the plates dry
- Once dry, turn the plate with the shamrock over so the inside is facing up
- Fill your plastic bag with the St. Patrick’s Day goodies
- Tape the plastic bag down taut over the shamrock cut out
- At this point I turned the plate over and popped out the shamrock cut out
- Place the plate together and glue
- Let dry
- I covered the plate with Mod Podge just to add a little something to the shaker
- Let your little ones go nuts. Both my 1 year old and my 2.5 year old loved the shaker. They explored the sounds by making music and explored touch by feeling around the bag.
Fun and festive! Thanks for visiting! Please leave a comment! I love hearing from you.