Welcome to my Montessori at Home for Parents page!
I discovered Montessori when I began researching school options for my oldest son. It was an article about Dr. Maria Montessori. I remember the moment, sitting at my laptop as my son napped one overcast afternoon.
I realized immediately that Dr. Montessori’s philosophy is exactly how I was raised by my mother. The Montessori theory more than resonated with me. It made sense to me. It seemed second nature to me. Getting certified seemed a natural next move. Soon I began a Montessori training program and applying the Montessori method in our home.
Montessori ideals make children more engaged and inquisitive while also encouraging a lifetime love of learning without making them feel forced to learn.
Through the Montessorian Method, children acquire the traits of:
- Self Regulation
Using the Montessori principles in your home and daily life works wonders on promoting challenging, self-paced, and joyful learning! Plus there are the added benefits of an independent and confident child who leads his own development. How powerful is that?
These posts give you a bit of big picture 101 on the Montessori method.
- 5 Habits Every Montessori Parent Should Develop
- Montessori Theory: 4 Reasons Your Child Embraces Repetition & Develops Will in Montessori
- Two Secrets to Bringing Montessori into Your Home
- Montessori in the Home for Infants and Toddlers
- The Importance of Observation in Early Childhood
- 15 of the Best Montessori Quotes for Parents
These posts offer a perspective on parenting with a Montessori overlay.
- Help Toddlers & Preschoolers Learn to Communicate Better
- How to Communicate with a Child During Conflict
- How to Resolve Conflict Between Children
- The Power of Positive Communication with Kids
- 9 Refreshing Ways to Positively Communicate with Kids
- Learn How To Communicate The Montessori Way
- Montessori Theory: What is Montessori Parenting & How Can I Make it Happen?
- Raising a Montessori Kid: 75 Easy Ways to Montessori Parenting
One of the most critical components of applying the Montessori method is preparing the environment. These posts should at the very least begin to guide the preparation of your Montessori environment.
- 4 Weeks to Montessori at Home
- 12 Easy Montessori at Home Ideas, Toys, & More!
- The Best Ways to Implement Montessori at Home – Food
- Learn my Top Montessori Recommendations for Your Home & Classroom
- Montessori In the Home – Play & Learning Space
- See How to Create a Beautiful Montessori Bedroom
- How to Create a Montessori at Home Environment that Your Child Will Love
- Fostering Independence with a Light Switch Extender
- Montessori & Movement
- Montessori & Snacking
As you continue on this Montessori at Home journey, remind yourself to be patient. Changing behavior and integrating a different philosophy on how you’re going to manage your home and be a family will take time. Frustration will present itself but you will also have triumphant moments. Celebrate and honor those moments, as fleeting or as defining as they may be.