This Send a Hug Craft is easy to put together and makes a sweet gift from a child to a family member or friend. The age for this activity can begin as early as 2 and extend well into elementary school aged children. My 3 year old completed the send a hug in the above image. See, there is his sweet touch to it!
Send a Hug Craft
Materials Needed for Sending a Hug Activity
- Card stock for card
- Construction paper for body
- Paper for head and hands
- Glue Stick
- Markers or Crayons
Approach for Send a Hug Craft
- Fold card stock in thirds to make the card open up like arms of a hug
- Draw two hands and a circle for a head on a piece of paper
- Pre-cut the two hands and head for younger children OR have older children cut their own
- Draw shirt on construction paper for body
- Pre-cut the shirt for younger children OR have older children cut their own
- Glue head, body and hands onto cardstock
- Invite children to decorate their “hug” and write a message with markers
Being far from loved ones can be difficult. Often we need to get to close family and friends but we can't physically get to them. Often all we need is a hug. This send a hug craft is the perfect way to let someone know you're thinking of him. The hug is also a great way to teach children about empathy, compassion, and kindness.
Your child will have fun making this card. The recipient will love receiving it.