Curious about the Montessori Math Activities? I thought a useful place to start would be to share the sequence of Montessori Math activities & lessons that I learned in my program. Keep in mind that this is a PATH, not linear. Some lessons (Numeration and Place Value) are given in order, while others (Linear Counting and Math Facts) can be given and practiced by the child simultaneously.
Learn the Montessori Math Activities & Lessons
Montessori Math – Before Numbers
- Pre-Counting Activities
- Readiness for Numerals
Montessori Math – Introduction to Numeration
Montessori Math – Place Value & Decimal System
- Golden Beads Presentation Tray
- Equivalence Tray & Crisis of Nine Tray
- Overview of Golden Beads
- Composition of Quantities
- Introduction to Numerals
- Overview of Numerals
- Composition of Symbols
- Bird's Eye View
- Composition of Numerals and Quantities
- Bank Game
- Golden Bead Operations
- Stamp Game
- Dot Game
- Small Bead Frame
Montessori Math – Linear Counting
Montessori Math – Memorization
- Number Rod Addition
- Short Bead Stair Addition
- Addition Snake Game
- Addition Strip Board
- Subtraction Snake Game
- Subtraction Strip Board
- Short Bead Stair Multiplication
- Multiplication Board
- Division Board
- Fraction Boards
- Montessori Services has time & measurement resources, miscellaneous math materials, and offers some of my favorite math books.
- Montessori Outlet has quality materials at a reasonable price.
- Amazon has a selection of quality, authentic Montessori Math materials including a Multiplication Bead Board, an Addition Strip Board, the Stamp Game, a Hundred Board, Cards and Counters, and Spindle Boxes.
- Craigslist always seems to have someone selling Montessori materials
As I post lessons, I will include the links on this page. I hope you found this sequence of lessons helpful!