This art and nature activity for kids combines art, nature, and movement. We painted with petals and glue. The materials give children a different kind of tactile and fine motor experience. Plus, this activity takes children outside where learning is always at its best. Finally this art and nature activity for kids can be adapted to all seasons. The only difference is the type of materials you're able to gather for the project at a given point during the year. Enjoy!
Art and Nature Activity for Kids
- Go outside to collect dried petals, leaves, cones, needles, grass, whatever you can locate to crumble or tear up
- Crumble or tear up collected materials
- Place materials in a bowl
- Mix glue (you can add Mod Podge like we did and/or paint for fun!) and “canvas” of choice (paper, card stock, card board, etc)
- Dip brush into textured glue and paint away
- Allow time to dry & display
“Nature is not only all that is visible to the eye.. it also includes the inner pictures of the soul.” Edvard Munch
Skills worked during this activity:
Join over 16,000 parents & educators receiving a weekly dose of Montessori learning, inspiration, parenting love. I promise not to spam you because I am awesome (and clearly so are YOU).